Why do I need my property managed?
Renting your property is effectively a business decision. So, it makes sense to have a formal business arrangement in place. After all, you need the business to succeed! The expertise that Whittle Knight and Boatwood Ltd have in property management removes the worry and stress associated with renting your property and increases the potential for your rental property to be a successful business proposition.
Our expertise starts with our familiarity of the Residential Tenancies Act, includes proven rent collection and administrative processes and goes right through to dealing with a range of tenant concerns. For example, you won’t have to deal with fixing a burst water pipe at 2am or deal with conflict related to payment issues.
Your Whittle Knight and Boatwood Ltd Property Manager will ensure that all the contractual obligations on the Tenancy Agreement are understood and adhered to. They arrange for repairs and maintenance. If rent is unpaid, they get onto it immediately and accept no excuses. Or, if rent needs to be increased, they will advise you of that too. In fact, your Property Manager keeps you up to date every step of the way including:
- A detailed condition report with photos prior to tenants moving in. This documents the property condition and sets the expectation of how the property should look at the end of the tenancy, taking into account expected wear and tear. If there are any obvious discrepancies in the property condition at the end of the tenancy, your Property Manager is well placed to manage a positive outcome.
- Regular 3 monthly inspections, (often a condition of rental property insurance).
- A report (including photos) advising you of current and anticipated maintenance.
- Ongoing advice on on the future of the tenancy including whether to terminate or extend the lease.
- Market rent reviews.
- Forward planning to ensure you are maximising your return by minimising possible vacancy time.
A professional Property Manager knows what to do and when to do it. That means you are freed up to focus on what you do best!
To Have the Best Property Management Team in Christchurch Manage Your Property Investment, Contact us today
G. Khan, Wellington
“Tania, I must say, most impressed by your service… I wish you could do the same for me in Wellington, Palmerson North and Hamilton… Thanks”