November Property Management Update
Property Management Update
So here we are again – the last few days of 2017 are certainly numbered!!
The month has been busy with a record month of leasing, as we have made the most of the last days of enquiry before people start focusing their attention on the festive season. There are still a few student properties available for next year (as there are across Christchurch) and we would hope that these are taken up upon our return in January. Regular properties have leased quite quickly but the key has been that they have had to be priced right to achieve this.
Kelly and Tania spent two days in Queenstown in November, attending the LPMNZ annual conference. Among the many ideas they came back with, one that they are keen to engage in more often is video – expect to see the team engaging with you in more video format next year.
Amendments to the Healthy Homes Bill and feedback on the Building Warrant of Fitness have dominated property management news this month. These are hot topics with the new government at the moment, so we can expect to hear either before the year is out or early into the new year, the changes that will transpire. As always we will keep you updated.
Going away over the Festive Season? Just a couple of tips to help minimise potential issues:
- Put a temporary hold on paper and mail deliveries
- Make sure lawns are kept mown
- Ask Someone to Keep an Eye on Things. …
- Install Timers on Your Electronics. …
- Leave the Blinds Open (If You Normally Do) …
- Beware of Social Media. …
- Lock Everything, including the garage door.
- Don’t leave spare keys out
- Turn off all power points (well except perhaps for the fridge!)
- Make sure all electronic gear is out of sight!
For more advice click on this link: